Saturday, May 1, 2010

Thursday night 4/29

Good times at the HRBT light line. Forrest and I fished from 11pm-4am. It seemed like it was 2am or so when we got back but then we checked the time...it sure does fly when you are having fun! I caught my first flounder in almost 3 years. Don't ask me how i haven't caught a flounder in that amount of time. After the flounder it was kind of slow for about an hour but then the light line lit up and we were on the fish for the rest of the night/morning. I paddled around the line to look for the bigger ones and i managed to get about 15 striper in the mid 20" range along with two-three 28"-30" Forrest caught the biggest. It was around 33". I also picked up 4 hickory shad on a bare jig head. It was like a washing machine out there and we probably paddled 20 miles but it was a fun productive night.
Striper in the light line
32" Striper

17.5" flounder
30" striper caught on white gulp swimming mullet




No comments:

Post a Comment