Friday, November 9, 2012

Life and stuff

So, over the past 6 months, I've moved twice and got a new job. The first place I moved had no good internet options, so I decided to use my phone as a 3g hotspot... It was not the best, but it worked. I am now in Reedville, Virginia. AKA the middle of nowhere. Internet options are the same...garbage. So here I am, using my smartphone as a hotspot and waiting forever to upload anything... It's pretty discouraging writing updates on my blog when I know it takes minutes just to post a picture or hours to upload video.

Although, other than the internet issue, things have never been better! I moved into a townhouse right on the water... and when I say "on the water," I mean I can walk to the dock without stepping on grass. It goes from my back deck, to a wooden walkway, to the dock! To some people that's no big deal, but to me it's halfway to heaven. I have caught white perch, red drum, spot, and silver perch, right off my dock, not 60 feet from my back door. I only have two full time neighbors out of the 10 units that are here. For the most part, old people show up on weekends from time to time. It is a very peaceful place to live. The fishing is slowing as winter closes in, but I'm looking forward to fishing the area this spring.




My first fish off my dock!
10-11" white perch

Perdy little drum 100 yards from my home.



                            



After bugging the guys at Release Reels for a while, they finally gave in and gave me a job! I went from busting my butt for 8 years doing tile work to working in a machine shop building fishing reels! How cool is that?!?!? Now I'm completely immersed in fishing! I work it, I live it, I play it, and I write it! (I dream it sometimes too.)

So far the job has been great! I have learned tons about CNC machining and keep learning every day. The reels are beyond amazing and I love thinking about how to make them better. We are not a huge shop (yet,) but we have a huge demand and are getting closer and closer to filling that demand every day. I can't wait until we are running 100% and the orders start flying out the door. I can't explain how excited I am to be a part of this great USA manufacturing business! 




Check out this stuff!


MADE IN USA!!!

Main gears
Pinion gears and thrust plates



Assembly table
Work table Kenny and I built.
Chop saw table I built (It has stain and poly on it now)
1st operation on the reel main case.
 I'm glad I have a new job.
SOLID GOLD!!!!! I mean brass cams.
2nd & 3rd operation on the main case...one more operation to go. Those things are a lot of work!






3 comments:

  1. Sweet pics, I bet the hawgs are starting to heat up by you now. I like it out there in Reedville. Im about an hour and fifteen minutes down 360 from you. My grandpa had a boat on the Great Wicomico and Ive been wanting to do some striper searching that way this winter. Ive heard good stories....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hit me up some time. I don't know the area real well yet, but I know a few spots. I do know of some good launches...other than my back yard even.

      Delete
  2. Everything have a value with time so post your posters on time for more benefits..Nice posters.Chop saw table is something good thing,so good of you that you had made it.The reels are beyond amazing

    ReplyDelete