Friday, January 13, 2012

Aqua-Bound Manta Ray Hybrid Review

Up until a month ago I used the same Aqua-Bound Manta Ray Hybrid for 5 years! I am certain that I've paddled over 750 miles with it in my Wilderness Tarpon 120. It is a nice light paddle with a wide blade that makes it great for a big dude like me.

I am not proud of it, but I am extremely abusive with my gear. I have done just about everything imaginable with that paddle. One day I was chasing fiddler crabs and decided to use the paddle as a shovel in the marsh...It worked! I have smacked it into every barnacle covered piling on the CBBT from the beach to the 1st island. It's been tossed around, dropped, thrown, and who knows what else in that time, but it has never failed me on the water. Just within the last year it got a slight wobble in the joint and seems like it's about to go out. I can't complain about that after 5 years of abuse though.


Here are a few memories I've had with the paddle...















3 comments:

  1. I've got the same paddle and I love it. I think the twist lock thing is one of the best features.
    You got some great fish there, I'm super jealous.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the one with the snap button, but my dad and my buddy Ash have the twist lock one like yours. They both love em.

    If you're ever in Virginia, hit me up! I'll put you on some fish no matter what time of year. Then you wont have to be jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never mind the paddle, check out those fish!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete