Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Buncha poop

 So typically I only post reports that I feel are worthy. Today I am going to do the exact opposite.

I went fishing for tautog at the 1st island yesterday and I can honestly say, I would have rather gone to work. I met up with Chuck Wren (hanoveryakker) Jack Daughtry, and his friend Josh at Alexanders. I launched at 7:45am into some of the smoothest water I have seen out there and fished with no breaks (except 2 poddy breaks) until about 4pm. In that time I caught 5-6 small sea bass, 3 tiny black drum, one oyster toad, and 2 tiny under limit tog...that is all.


I am happy for Jack and his friend though. I would guess that they caught a dozen tog each at least...not to mention the 24" 10lb citation BEAST that Jack landed.

I am still a little pissed at myself for fishing so poorly, but I guess that's the way it goes sometimes...

1 comment: