Friday, March 19, 2010

Light line stripers

I fished the Hampton roads bridge tunnel last night to meet up with my buddy Forrest and caught some fun little schoolies. I got there around 11pm and fished till sometime around 4:30am (didn't have to work) I believe Forrest ended up with 40some fish caught on gulp the biggest going 27". The majority of the 20 fish i caught ranged in the 18-22" range with a few around 24"-25". It is almost pointless to say what i was catching them on because they were so thick in the light line i could have caught them with my bear (not bare hands) hands but ill say it just for giggles...mirrolures and tube jigs! surprise! For me the highlight of the night was the otter that splashed next to my boat and made me jump. Needless to say the paddle back was fun. Several times i dozed off while paddling. I didn't even know that was possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment